House of Commons Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee Hearing
This event is on 10 July 2018 10:00am
ICC Director Beatriz Garcia will be providing evidence to the The Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee. On Tuesday 10th July, the Committee will be holding the third evidence session on its enquiry about the social impact of participation in culture and sport. This will take place from 10am in Sunderland University.
- Watch Parliament TV: The social impact of participation in culture and sport
- Inquiry: The social impact of participation in culture and sport
- Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee
Tuesday 10 July 2018, Enterprise and Innovation Suite, Hope Street Xchange
- Rebecca Ball, Director, Sunderland City of Culture 2021
- Dr Beatriz Garcia, Director, Institute of Cultural Capital, Liverpool
- Witness tbc, Hull City of Culture 2017
Members of the public are invited to attend the evidence session on a first come, first served basis at:
Enterprise and Innovation Suite
Hope Street Xchange
1-3 Hind Street
Focus of the session
The inquiry aims to assess how participation in culture and sport can affect five areas: crime, education, community engagement and diversity, social mobility, and health. This third session will focus on how culture and sport can affect positively towns and cities. The witnesses will be questioned on the effect large scale cultural and sport events have on urban development and regeneration.